Michigan District of Aktion Clubs
Message from the Aktion Club Administrator:
Susan Devon, Lansing Kiwanis Club
It is my honor and pleasure to once again serve you as your Michigan District Aktion Club Administrator. We are looking forward to a fun and exciting year, highlighted in September when the Michigan District will be hosting the Kiwanis International Aktion Club Annual Training and Leadership Conference.
2016-2017 Activities include:
- Kiwanis Aktion Club Day – Monday July 17, 2017 12:05 pm at the Lansing Lugnuts
- Aktion Club Training and Leadership Conference – Friday September 15 through Sunday September 17, Michindoh Conference Center, Hillsdale Michigan.
I am available to help your clubs be successful and continue to grow and support your communities throughout the year. You can contact me at 517-331-6256 or firstname.lastname@example.org
AKTION CLUBS: WHERE DEVELOPEMENT HAS NO DISABLILITIES
Aktion Clubs started as a Kiwanis Service Leadership Program in 1987. It is the premiere service program for adults with disabilities in the world with more than 500 clubs and 12,000 members worldwide.
- Aktion Clubs are member-lead organizations that promote community integration for members through service while providing leadership opportunities for adults with disabilities who are passionate about making a difference in their communities.
- Members participate in many community service projects and fundraisers to support local charities
- Member also support Sleeping Children Around the World (SCAW) and the Kiwanis International Eliminate Project. SCAW is the Aktion Club’s service initiative that provides donations to support bed kits to children of any race and/or religion who will benefit the most, typically including those struggling to survive in underdeveloped and developing countries
Message from the Aktion Club Governor:
Hello, my name is Simone Taylor and I am your 2016-2107 Aktion Club District Governor. I am a member of the Lansing Transition Central Aktion Club. I love Aktion Club because it has made a difference in my life and other members of my club. We are learning leadership skills and Aktion Club feels like a family. We like to get out in our community to do service projects like making cards and delivering them to The Pines Nursing Home, doing spaghetti fundraisers to purchase and deliver trees to military families in Texas and fundraising for the American Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. I would like to see our clubs connect more and do more activities together.
Message from Aktion Club Assistant Administrator:
Kiwanis Club of South Lansing
I am Sandra (Sandi) Stevens your Michigan District Aktion Club Assistant Administrator
I became a part of the Kiwanis family in March of 2011. I have had many roles since I have joined the Kiwanis club of South Lansing. Eliminate Chair, Vice President, President and now Secretary. I have been always involved in all of my volunteer duties since I was in high school, and career duties too. I feel it very important that you get your hands in to a mix of things and help out where you can and when you can. I hope to do my utmost best to provide the best leadership to the AKTION Club community as I can. I look forward to working with each of you and your clubs to develop strong relationships and help more of our communities learn about AKTION Club and its members. Together we can build a stronger relationship with our communities, each other, other SLP groups and the whole Kiwanis Family organization.
You can reach me at email@example.com